• Reply to: Antistatic Buzzer   8 months 2 weeks ago

Contrary to popular belief, Davie McPhail didn't invent every fly in the universe, and he didn't invent this one either. The Antistatic buzzer was originated by Alex Ferguson of Leicester around 2008.

• Reply to: The Simplest Fly   8 months 4 weeks ago

just take a coffee bean and superglue it on a hook

• Reply to: Bead Head Pheasant Tail Nymph   8 months 2 weeks ago

Great video but I always like to know who makes the tools being used. I believe I saw loon but the bobkin?

• Reply to: Collie Dog Tube Fly - Fly fishing en Río Grande Tierra del Fuego Argentina   9 months 2 days ago

Looks more like a Sunray Shadow with the White in the wing. Original Collie was just Black !

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   9 months 1 week ago

glad you are better ,, our health is all we have ,, best of the holidays to you ,,,, cbm

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   9 months 2 weeks ago

Good to hear you're back in the saddle at GFF, Martin. Best wishes to you and yours and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• Reply to: Perrault's Standard   9 months 2 weeks ago

Funny that this book comes out to us again. Yes, Keith compiled a huge dictionary of patterns. And yes, it is not consistent in type or print. I have a copy also signed by the author. He signed it for me at his shop in Ennis, Mt. on July 7, 1989. The thing is that although this book is terrible it was the work that Keith did on, or should I say to, bamboo rods that was worse. He single handily ruined several cane rods in that he would strip the finish and then die the blank in black ink. The rods were then displayed at his shop. I remember an entire line of black rods that he had destroyed. I cannot remember the makers of the rods but whoever they were are probably still rolling in their respective graves.
    Mark

• Reply to: Elk Hair Caddis   9 months 2 weeks ago

Ipatfly,

I think the Dyneema 55 is Roman Moser Power Silk Dyneema Thread GSP 8/0 which is sometimes referred to as Dyneema 55. I'll check with Barry and post his reply here.

• Reply to: GFF Survived!   9 months 2 weeks ago

HI Martin - Glad to hear you are on the mend. Thank you for all you do for the fly fishing world. We all appreciate this as the best and most informative website for our fly fishing community. God Bless,
    Jack Harford

• Reply to: Elk Hair Caddis   9 months 2 weeks ago

In your video "Tying the Elk Hair Caddis with Barry Ord Clarke Sept. 28, 2016" in the comments you mentioned you use Dyneema 55 thread. Is 55 a product # or is it the Denier size? I cannot find "55" in Dyneema or Veevus search.

• Reply to: Fish Skull Sparkle Minnow   9 months 2 weeks ago

hans ties terrefic flies and his instrucion are first rate. He has a great site with hundreds of fly tutorial,G

• Reply to: Salty Sardinia   9 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Jack, yes they do, jumping, running and putting a nice bend into the 8 weight, ,