• Reply to: Do me a favor: go fishing!   5 months 1 week ago

do me a favor, keep writing wonderfully!
    Jose Elias

• Reply to: Coal Country Trout, Elkhorn Creek, WV   5 months 1 week ago

Fished when warm, stinks like heck from sewage. There is trash everywhere. I caught a ten pound teddy bear. Couldn't pay me to go back there.

• Reply to: A terrible day on GFF!   5 months 1 week ago

Martin,
    First, thanks for your efforts, secondly, as a sufferer of peripheral neuropathy, I can almost feel the frustrations I imagine are yours, although I only have leg weakness at the moment, with a little problem with fine manipulation starting. As I have, for a time, felt an urge to learn to fly fish, your site has been my bible, so great thanks to you and all contributors. Please accept my thanks and admiration for what you are doing, and when I become frustrated, I can now think of what you are accomplishing, and collect myself and carry on! My fly tying is still at the "bin" stage, but slowly improving, while casting is stuck at a non-haul" level! Thanks again.
    Terry

• Reply to: The One that got away   5 months 2 weeks ago

Yesterday I saw the video of the river Mur and what so called "Green Energie" can destroy -by the way not only waterpower stations and dams, but also windenergy... A very great, impressing film and it was fantastic to see and feel the passion of all the taimen-fishermen!! Thank you!!

• Reply to: Jan's Giant Buzzers   5 months 2 weeks ago

Excellent article thanks,I tied up one on B175 size 6 black thread red wire rib orange goose biot cheeks whilst it did look kind of cool! It was ridiculously huge! Surely it can't work?? Fished it yesterday floating line 13ft leader to my utter amazement it took 8 rainbows and I missed a few the takes were savage - thanks another pattern in my arsenal. I came home and tied 14 more giant buzzers

• Reply to: The decline of GFF   6 months 4 days ago

Congratulations on the new place - from what little I've seen of the area outside of Copenhagen, it is very beautiful. And, yes, thanks very much for being around to read - you're site has always had a lot of good content. I feel interest in fly fishing in general has been growing here in America, while (perhaps?) declining globally? Which is concerning. At any rate, there are many more sites now than there ever were before, and yet I still coming back to this one...

• Reply to: Sydney Opera Mouse   6 months 1 week ago

David,

That sounds like a pretty good improvement of the pattern. I like simple patterns, but your changes will definitely make the fly more mouse-like. I'd love to see a picture.

• Reply to: Sydney Opera Mouse   6 months 1 week ago

I liked the Sydney opera mouse but it looked like something was missing. I spun three clumps of white deer hair on the hook then trimmed the hair flat on the bottom of the hook,then I tied the foam down at the eye then pulled it over the deer hair and tied the foam down in the back. I tied a narrow piece of leather in the back for a tail. I used 3D craft paint black for eyes,paint brush brissels for whiskers .looks pretty cool can't wait to see how it fishes

• Reply to: Stillwater Squirrel Nymph   6 months 1 week ago

link does not work

• Reply to: Sam’s One Bug (S1B)   6 months 2 weeks ago

Than you for posting this video. Dad would be happy that others are still tying his pattern.
    Respectfully,
    Wade Blevins

• Reply to: Wet Flies   6 months 2 weeks ago

I like a lot of your flies, I'm a sea trout fly Fisher so a size 10,8,6 there great

• Reply to: Tom Biesot   6 months 2 weeks ago

Wondering if you would send me an E-mail so I could pick your brain about making my own reel. I work at a machine shop and really want to make my first fly real