Published Sep 10. 2018 - 5 months ago
Updated or edited Sep 10. 2018

Wooly buggers

The first Wooly Buggers had "shortish" tails.
If you want to improve the effectiveness of your Wooly Buggers, extend the tail.
Make your tail 60% of the overall length of the fly, the body the remaining 40%. You Wooly Bugger will have a lot more movement, a lot more action and will catch a lot more fish.
PS: keep the body thin, as well.



Since you got this far …

The GFF money box
The GFF money box
Martin Joergensen

… I have a small favor to ask.

Long story short

Support the Global FlyFisher through several different channels, including PayPal.

Long story longer

The Global FlyFisher has been online since the mid-90's and has been free to access for everybody since day one – and will stay free for as long as I run it.
But that doesn't mean that it's free to run.
It costs money to drive a large site like this.

See more details about what you can do to help in this blog post.